You may feel you want a different kind of home or more support with daily living without giving up your independence as you get older.

We offer several different housing options which could be the perfect solution for you. We can offer you a home in a friendly and secure environment.

Fortune Place

Independent living for the over 60s

This development of 54 flats is in South Edinburgh and offers a choice of 1 or 2 bedrooms and double sized showers or wet rooms. There is lift access to the wheelchair adapted homes which are not restricted to ground floors as you might find in other developments. All flats benefit from installed WIFI so tenants are online from the moment they move in.

The majority of the flats have either a private balcony or patio and there are two large enclosed and secure shared gardens. There is also concierge who carries our communal caretaking duties and minor repairs for tenants.

Learn about Fortune Place


Amenity housing

Independent living for the over 60s

If you're aged over 60 and don't think retirement housing is for you, amenity housing may be more suitable. These are homes where it's easier to live independently because they've been adapted in some way. You'll find higher plug sockets, lower light switches, wider doors and grab rails in the bathroom. They're not staffed, but some have personal alarm systems.

Retirement housing

For age 65 and over

All our retirement housing developments have a 24-hour personal emergency alarm service, this means that support is available at any time - day or night.

You'll get a self-contained unfurnished flat with a lounge, kitchen, bedroom and private bathroom and/or shower. There's a communal lounge for social activities, and family and friends can even stay on site in a guest bedroom.

We have 12 independent retirement living developments in Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian.

Adaptations to help in current home

We may be able to help you stay in your own home by simply making a few adaptations, such as fitting grab rails or installing a level shower.

Contact your local social work department or ask us to arrange a visit from an occupational therapist. They'll make an assessment which will tell us how we can help you. Or call us for advice from our adaptations specialist in the Asset team.

Get involved

Have your say on how we can improve our service by joining our Older Persons Forum.


How to apply

If you're interested in finding out more about our independent homes and retirement housing options you can speak to our Lettings and New Tenancy team.

Tel: 0131 657 0600