We offer confidential and impartial advice by telephone, email and in person.

We can help with money and benefit advice, including debts and grants as well as home energy advice and support for new tenants.

Your housing officer can also offer guidance on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.

Benefits advice

We will try to find ways to increase your overall income and can:

  • Carry out benefit checks;
  • Help you complete forms;
  • Assist with ongoing benefit claims;
  • Represent you at benefit appeals.

Money advice

We can:

  • Give you advice and assistance on a range of money matters;
  • Offer specialist advice if you are struggling to pay your rent or other debts;
  • Talk to lenders on your behalf to make repayment arrangements;
  • Advise on budgeting for the future;

New tenancy support

We can help make moving into a new home easy for you and can:

  • Provide support and advice to new tenants;
  • Give advice on grants and charitable organisations that can help you to furnish your home;
  • Carry out benefit checks;
  • Give budgeting and money advice.

Home energy advice

We understand the importance of energy efficiency and a well heated, comfortable home. We also appreciate sometimes it can be difficult to manage the cost of this. Our Home Energy Adviser can: 

  • Negotiate on your behalf if you have arrears with gas and electricity suppliers;
  • Providing advice on energy tariffs and help to switch to save money;
  • Demonstrate how to operate your heating system and give practical advice on energy efficiency and reduce costs.

Financial Conduct Authority

Places for People Scotland's Money Advice and Home Energy Advice is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number: 0618932 for the purposes of credit brokering, debt counselling and debt adjusting.

Get help

If you're still unsure, get help and advice from our Financial Inclusion Team

Tel: 0131 657 0600

Email: financialinclusion@castlerockedinvar.co.uk