We can help you with moving on, transfers and exchanges.


If your circumstances change you may want to transfer to a more suitable home. You can bid for advertised properties if you want to move home. Find out how to register and bid for advertised properties. You'll get priority over other applicants on homes which say 'priority to PFPS tenants' on our adverts.

You should only bid for homes of the size you need, in the areas you want.


If you want to transfer in Edinburgh you can bid for up to 3 properties each week.

You need to:

  • Download and print an EdIndex form
  • Be clear that you're in a housing association tenancy and that Places for People Scotland is your landlord 
  • Make sure you're bidding for a property advertised for a Mover (M) or Starter/Mover (S/M)

East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian

If you want to transfer to East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian you need to:

  • Register with Home Search
  • Log onto Home Search to view properties
  • Place a bid on the Home Search portal for any properties you're interested in

Mutual exchanges

If you want to swap your home you can register with:

Places for People Scotland customers can register for free.

How it works

Simply register and provide details about your current home and the type of home you're looking for. We'll check and approve the information you provide. You'll receive log in details and you can start looking for someone to swap with.

You must be a Scottish Secure Tenant before your request for a mutual exchange will be considered.

Homes for people over 60

Safe and secure housing as you get older. We can offer you a home in a friendly, secure and accessible environment. Our options could mean the right move for you.